Steven “Flip” Hutfles
Phone: (803) 289-1699
Since 1996, Lancaster has had a City Administrator that is appointed by City Council and serves at the pleasure of City Council. The City Administrator is responsible for managing the City’s day-to-day operations, as well as implementing policies set by the City Council and providing organizational leadership.
On August 29, 2015 City Council appointed Steven “Flip” Hutfles as the City Administrator. The City Administrator Department Staff consists of City Clerk Tracy Rabon who will work to ensure residents’ needs are met efficiently and effectively; as well as providing support to the Mayor and City Council.
The City Administrator and Staff members also:
- Respond to residents’ and City Council Members’ requests for information and services.
- Assist with the development of the City’s operating and capital improvements budgets.
- Facilitate communications among city staff and neighborhood groups.
- Ensures courteous and effective service delivery to the public.
- Monitor state and national legislative activities.
- Represents the City.