The Finance Department administers the financial and treasury affairs of the City; managing revenues, expenditures, investments, accounting, budget, and debt. As such, the department provides the City’s departments and residents with dependable and efficient quality services in billing and collection of City services, cash management, and other fiscal functions in accordance with legal and professional standards. The Finance Department consists of two divisions: Finance and Utility Services.
Technical areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Revenue, Expenditure & Cash Flow Projections
- Financial reporting
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Periodic Financial Reports
- Utility Services
- Billing & Collection for Water, Sewer & Garbage
- Account Maintenance
- To ensure the safety and security of the City’s assets;
- Demonstrate accountability, transparency and objectivity;
- Provide the financial and accounting resources necessary to support goals and operations of City departments;
- Develop, demonstrate and enforce sound financial and internal control policies & procedures; and
- Provide quality customer service
The employees in the Finance Department strive to provide efficient, high quality information and support to the residents, community at large and other city departments. We welcome your comments, suggestions and questions; contact the City’s Finance Director, at (803)283-9946 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
FINANCIAL REPORTING & ACCOUNTABILITY
The most recent CAFR contains valuable information as it relates to the overall financial health of the City as of the end of the last completed fiscal year.
Monthly Finance Reports provide revenue and expenditure information by fund, major revenue groups and city departments. Additionally, monthly reports provide information concerning the City’s actual performance in the current fiscal year as it compares to budgetary expectations.
Monthly Finance Reports
Monthly Check Registers include the vendor, amount paid and a brief description of the purchase for our citizens to review.